Saturday, April 7, 2018

April 7 vs the Brewers - Rained Out

The Orioles game against the Brewers on April 7th was rained out and I don't believe it was ever made up CORRECTION - It was made up as part of a double-header on August 5th.  This was going to be the Orioles' first "Three Buck Night" of the season - all Upper Reserved, Lower Reserved Grandstand or Adult General Admission tickets were only $3 (normally the Upper Reserved seats were $6.50, the Lower Reserved Grandstand were $5.50 and the Adult General Admission were $4.75).  Keep in mind that at the time the most expensive seats in the ballpark were $9.50.  It was indeed a different time.

Being less than two years out of college and working for the government I wasn't making a lot of money at the time so I took advantage of "Three Buck Night" as much as possible.  I had gone to five or six of them in 1987 and I'm pretty sure I made it to every one in 1988 and 1989.  After the O's success in 1989 the ticket prices went up and "Three Buck Night" was no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment