Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Sunday August 21 vs the Angels

Opponent: California Angels
Outcome: L
Score: 2-3
Streak: L1
Record: 42-81
Rank: 7th
GB: 31

Both teams must have been a little tired this afternoon after the previous night's late inning dramatics as neither team mounted much of a threat through the first half of the game.  Finally the Angels scored a couple runs in the sixth inning on an RBI double by Jack Howell and a Thad Bosley sacrifice fly.  Joe Orsulak led off the bottom of the sixth with a solo home run to cut the Angels' lead in half but California put another run on the board in the next inning on a sacrifice fly from Chili Davis.  The Orioles got one more run in the bottom of the ninth on a sacrifice fly of their own by Pete Stanicek but they couldn't get any closer than that one run.  With the 3-2 loss their modest 3 game winning streak came to an end.

I spent this weekend up in Delaware at my parent's house.  My friend Linda had had a party at her house on Saturday night and my friend Steve was going to be DJ-ing it.  I was hoping that he'd bring the woman he'd wanted me to meet - Sabra - with him but she had family in town and wasn't able to come.  I was wondering if I'd ever get to meet her as Steve was moving to Boston at the end of the month which was now about ten days away.

No comments:

Post a Comment